Making a Difference in our Community!
Teleco has developed Mission, Vision and Core value statements that include the goal that we contribute positively to the community in which we live and work.
Teleco supports its employees by allowing each employee up to a maximum of 20 hours per calendar year to volunteer or otherwise participate in their chosen community activities during the work day. There are many community organizations that need mentors/volunteers to provide their services and Teleco employees are encouraged to participate.
In addition, Teleco as a group contributes and supports the following initiatives.
United Way Thunder Bay
- United Way – Proud to be have 100% employee contribution in our workplace campaign
- United Way Day of Caring
Holiday Hamper Program
- Sponsored a single-mom and her 2 children this year for Christmas
- Food and gifts
Thunder Bay Shelter House
- Cook and serve meals once a month (started in October of 2018)
Thunder Bay Regional Hospital Cardiac Care
- Pledged $25,000 to the Thunder Bay Regional Hospital Cardiac Care Program over the next 5 years
- Penny belongs to Women In Action supporting Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Foundation.
St. Joseph’s Foundation of Thunder Bay
- $5,000 Platinum Sponsor to the St. Joseph’s Foundation of Thunder Bay with Tbaytel of the St. Joseph’s Golf Classic
- Participated in St. Joseph’s foundation Paint Night – all proceeds went to the St. Joseph’s foundation
Darryl Stubbings Memorial Golf Tournament
- Dessert sponsor at the Darryl Stubbings Memorial Golf Tournament. Raising suicide awareness with all proceeds going to the Canadian Mental Health Association. This year they raised $26,000 for the Canadian Mental Health Association.
Norwesters Alpine Club
- Silver sponsor of the Norwesters Alpine Club
Walk with Doc Program
- Sponsorship of the 16th Annual Walk with Doc Program in support of Northern Hearts which is a local charity group dedicated to reduce the incidence of heart disease and empowering people to live healthier lives.
Children’s Centre Thunder Bay
- Children’s Centre Thunder Bay Wine Station 2018 sponsor
Andrew Miedema Foundation Golf Tournament
- Participated in the Andrew Miedema Foundation Golf Tournament to raise money for mental health awareness. All money raised was donated to the Canadian Mental Health Organization.
- Sponsorship of a hole at the Construction Association of Thunder Bay’s Golf Tournament
- Sponsorship of a hole at the thunder Bay Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament.
- Sponsored a hole at the 20th Annual Ronald McDonald House Charity Golf Tournament
- Hole in One Sponsor at the 5th Annual Girls Day Out VON Charity Golf tournament.
- Team registered in the United Way Chronicle Journal Charity Golf Classic Golf Tournament
- George Jeffrey Children’s Centre Golf Tournament