TELECO Launches SaaS Alerting Technology to Manage Common Business Applications
September 29, 2021 TELECO, a leading managed technology services provider (MTSP), has increased their investments in an advanced cybersecurity technology to create additional layers of protection for their customers. TELECO is deploying a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) alert technology to help its customers monitor, protect and manage their employees access on widely-used business applications like G Suite, Salesforce, Slack, Dropbox, Office 365 and Box. TELECO’s new SaaS alert technology monitors upwards of 35 different types of applications and gives SMBs real-time alerts and reporting capacities. Additionally, it automatically responds to issues which require attention before the customer has initiated any action. “We’re excited to deploy this technology because it empowers our customers to immediately be notified of any issues so that they can be rectified, immediately,” said Penny Belluz, Director of Operations of TELECO. “We’ve all heard about the acceleration of ransomware attacks in the news lately, the real problem behind any breach, is not knowing the extent of the breach for a long period of time. With this technology, our customers will know instantaneously if a breach has been attempted as we thwart attacks on their behalf.” While technologies like G Suite, Salesforce, Slack, Dropbox, Office 365 or Box have become ubiquitous in the modern workplace, they unfortunately expose networks to certain vulnerabilities which can be prevented. While TELECO’s particular technology monitors and alerts SMBs on up to 35 different types of cyberattack methods, many businesses are undereducated as to the 6 most common attacks.
- Brute Force Attacks – this is when cybercriminals use automation and scripts to guess passwords. Typical brute force attacks make a few hundred guesses every second which take advantage of simple passwords which use common expressions like ‘user123’ or ‘password1,’ and can be cracked in minutes
- Logins From Unauthorized Countries – these types of breaches can be spotted through various indicators such as: a VPN connection from an unknown device or anonymous proxy, an abnormal amount of data uploaded during a VPN session, an increase of company-related data files accessed, multi-factor authentication (MFA) from a new device, or too many failed VPN logins.
- Outdated File Shares From OneDrive/Google Drive/Dropbox/Etc. (Orphaned Links) – these occur when attackers overtake expired, stale, and invalid external links on credible websites, portals, or applications so that they can repurpose them for fraudulent activities.
- Data Exfiltration – this is when any malicious actor targets, copies, and transfers sensitive data outside out of a company’s network, which can often be used to extract a ransom or be offered to a competitor for a bribe.
- Confidential Files Viewed – when businesses are immediately notified as to which users are accessing confidential. A telltale sign that a cyber attacker is poking around in a network that they shouldn’t be meddling in, is when confidential files are being viewed frequently.
- Security Group and Policy Changes – this is often a means to make it easier for a hacker to break in and cause a deeper extent of damage to a business or organization, yet SaaS alert technology can be configured to send off an alert to ensure that the company is in control of any changes being made to the security group. “While there are many more types of attacks which can be rectified with various levels of complexity, these SaaS alerts can add a much-needed layer of security for any organization,” added Ms. Belluz. “However, as cybercriminals continue to innovate, so must the technology that we leverage to protect our customers.”
TELECO is a locally owned technology company committed to delivering specialized solutions (on premise PBX, VoIP, hosted & SIP services, managed IT services) and products since 1985. Today TELECO designs, installs and maintains all major technology solutions for any size business including on premise PBX telephone systems, VoIP, Hosted and SIP Services, Video Conferencing, IT Managed Services, Surveillance Security Solutions, Point-to-Point Networking Solutions and Structured Data Cabling. This also encompasses overhead paging systems, point to point wireless applications, apartment entry systems and system relocation’s. We don’t just sell products we help you implement technology to enhance your business. This philosophy and technology portfolio creates a one-stop solution and provides the convenience of a single point of contact for all your technology needs.