Only the current big thing in telephony!
SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol and is a subset of Voice and Video over IP (VVoIP) or audio and video over the same network infrastructure that your data flows. That is, your data network and the Internet. SIP is everywhere and it is likely that the audio on the analogue lines entering your building or home use SIP at some point.
It is possible to purchase SIP lines directly. VVoIP gives you much more flexibility, cost savings, and takes advantage of the “One Pipe” principle. Read my blog article on this topic here.
Some benefits of using VVoIP or SIP are:
- Cost saving for SIP lines;
- More choice for dial tone providers;
- Fixed operating costs are lowered;
- Reduce local and long distance charges;
- Eliminate long distance intra-office costs;
- Maximize return on your IP investment;
- Increase inbound and outbound call capacity on the fly;
- Do not pay for lines you are not using;
- Work from anywhere you have Internet;
- Smoothly integrate phones at new locations.
There are too many scenarios to explain the full flexibility and scalability of VVoIP or SIP in this article. Suffice it to say that TELECO has a solution for you and your business.
Contact us about your phone system questions.